Vallby Open Air Museum was founded in 1921 to show a miniature Västmanland. Today there are about 50 buildings that have been moved from all over the Västmanland County. Click on the images to learn more.
The church boat was used on Lake Åmänningen to get to the church on Sundays.
The museum's city quarters include a square and buildings from various places in Västmanland.
In the 1940s, ASEA in Västerås built a holiday village on Southern Björnö for its employees.
The Ironmaster´s homestead exhibit a house with paintings from the 17th century, cattle shed, storehouse and a sawmill.
The Museum’s country estate, or manor, consists of three buildings and their surroundings.
The mission hall was built in the late 1800's and used for church service and other social gatherings.
People’s parks were established in the late 1800's. Their purpose was to provide entertainment and recreation.
Several prehistoric relics on Museum grounds indicate that people have lived at Vallby since the Stone Age.
The soldier’s cottage belonged to Västerås Company of the Royal Västmanland regiment.
The vicarage from Lillhärad is a cottage from 1750. The church stalls are from the same period.
Öppet alla dagar året runt